Monday, May 30, 2016

Ken Turner - Alternative Art Poster #28: "THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS"


I've had this rough sketch - see below - in my files, for awhile now, for a Nightmare Before Christmas poster but never quite got around to completing it until recently.  I might do a few variants of the poster and play around background colors.  But for now I settled on this orange as it obviously felt appropriate.

The final poster's approach in style was not want I had set out to attempt but I'm still very happy with the result.

At the request of some people at last year's Fan Expo in Toronto and as an idea that's been at the top of my own to-do list, this is definitely a poster I'll be proud to showcase at the comic con in TO this year.



 CLICK on images for close-ups:




Enjoy

Cheers

Ken

No comments: