Monday, July 16, 2012

JibJab Featured E-Card: Hungry Beaver!


Today JibJab featured my e-card Hungry Beaver on their site. I also did an interview for them about the card.

I've included the interview here:

1) Where did you get the idea?

Well the idea and execution was all there in the story reel animatic. I tried to add my own spin on the design of the beaver. I gave him bigger eyes and teeth. After he’s done and he’s plopped down all fat and satisfied, I animated him rubbing his tummy and flapping his tail which was wasn’t in the original reel.

2) Have you ever seen a beaver in the wild? If so, where?

One day in the woods, I came upon one. He was small and very furry. He quietly came over and then stood on his hind legs. He then whispered into my ear, “Welcome to Narnia”. (Well I’m kidding of course!) No, I can’t say I have. You’d think living in Canada you would surely see one, while camping or what not, but I haven’t. Probably the only time I’ve seen one swimming about would be at a zoo as a kid.


You can click this link to read it or by clicking on the picture (above):


You can also view the e-card at this link or by clicking on the picture (below):


Cheers


No comments: